If you’ve just upgraded your Windows 10 computer and suddenly black boxes and other graphical errors appear in your Microsoft Edge browser, this article will show you how to fix the problem. Although the black box doesn’t stay there for long, it can reappear at any time and can be such a nuisance when browsing the web in your Microsoft Edge browser.
Note the suggestions below that you can use to fix problems with Microsoft Edge, such as: B. Image distortion, black or white boxes, etc. D. Choose the options that work best for you.
Try reinstalling or updating your graphics driver.
The Microsoft Edge browser error may be caused by a problem in the graphics driver. While the newest graphics cards will still work after a Windows update, older graphics cards will not. In such cases, you need to update them to work with the latest Windows 10 update. To do this, follow the steps below.
It’s unclear whether previous versions of the Windows 10 May 2019 Update are also affected by Intel driver compatibility issues, which seem to primarily affect HP computers.
Fortunately, you can revert back to a previous version of the driver or update to a newer version to fix the compatibility error.
- Open the Device Manager.
- Your Intel graphics card is listed under “Graphics cards.”
- Double-click the problem driver.
- Click the Driver tab, and then click Reset Driver.
- Click Yes to begin the recovery process.
- Reboot the system.
Restore or reset Microsoft Edge
If you are sure that this problem occurs only in your Microsoft Edge browser, you can try resetting Microsoft Edge to fix the error. Windows 10 v1709 allows users to restore or reset Microsoft Edge browser settings. Follow the instructions below to use it.
- Open the WinX menu and click Settings.
- After that, locate Microsoft Edge under “Applications and Features.”
- Then click the “Advanced Settings” link to open the window below.
- Then click the “Repair” button to fix the problem. And if the error doesn’t go away, you need to click the Reset button – it should.
- There is also a one-click solution that you can use to fix the Microsoft Edge browser error. This program is a useful tool that you can use to repair corrupt registries and optimize the overall performance of your PC. In addition, your computer will also get rid of unwanted or corrupted files, which you can use to remove unwanted files from your system. Basically, it is a one-click solution. It is easy to use because it is user friendly.
Install and uninstall the graphics driver if you have changed your video card
Many people often encounter this problem after replacing their video card http://windowsbulletin.com/fix-windows-10-microsoft-edge-graphics-glitch/. You have to uninstall the old graphics driver after removing the video card. You need to install the latest driver version for the new graphics card.
Replace the connector/cable
Sometimes this problem occurs because the HDMI cable, connector, etc. is damaged. etc. is damaged. If you have a different HDMI cable, try using it instead of your existing cable and see if the problem persists. You can also use a different connector, such as VGA or DVI, if your video card has one.